An Assistant Project Manager is responsible for assisting Project Managers and Senior Project Managers in managing and directing activities concerned with Multifamily housing construction projects. Also, assisting in all activities related to contract administration, change orders, RFIs, Shop Drawings, project set-up and schedule to ensure projects commence and complete in a safe, quality, profitable and a timely manner.
Include but are not limited to:
- Work with Project Managers and project superintendent to plan, organize and direct activities concerned with construction projects
- Assist in development and maintenance of project schedules
- Assist in the bidding process; sending out bid invitations as well as collecting and organizing bids submitted by subcontractors
- Assist Project Superintendents with jobsite initial set-up
- Assist Project Superintendents with jobsite close-out
- Assist Project Superintendents with the implementation of safety procedures, notifications, signage, supplies and equipment
- Draft meeting agendas for project meetings
- Assist Project Managers with filing, copying, scanning and printing construction documents
- Assist Project Managers with completing and reviewing contract documents
- Assist Project Managers with contract close-out documents (Operations and Maintenance Manuals)
- Create, maintain and distribute project directories to project managers and Superintendents
- Assist in development of punch-lists and any necessary punch-list follow-up to ensure timely completion of punch-list items
- Maintains records for reporting and projects compliance purposes.
- Maintains, prints and orders Plans as needed
- Generates project schedules to align with budgets and completion dates
- Assists in maintaining and following up on projects change orders, shop drawings, RFI’s and bid proposals
- Ensures timely completion of assigned projects
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Construction or Management related field
- Minimum Experience: 2-3 years of work experience in Construction and Customer Service fields
- Minimum Field of Expertise: Construction Management and project administration experience
- Preferred Education: Construction Management Degree
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems efficiently; Gathers and analyzes information; Develops solutions; Uses reason.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Able to build morale and group commitments to objectives.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively; Listens and gets clarification when necessary; Responds informatively to questions.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and concisely; Edits work; Varies writing style to meet specific needs; Presents data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Leadership – Inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Gives recognition to others as appropriate.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives.
- Communicate with others to gather information
- Coordinate work with others for events and meetings
- Gather data
- Input data
- Prioritize work load and projects assigned
- Research information
- Schedule appointments as needed
- Understand and apply company policies and procedures
- Competency in using basic MS Applications
- Occasionally required to sit.
- Occasionally required to walk.
- Occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to bend, lift or climb.
- Occasionally required to lift moderate weights (25-50 pounds).
- Finger dexterity required.
- Hand coordination required.
How to Apply: Please send Resume with Cover Letter to Ms. Trisha Dougall via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org