Maintenance Technician/Painter – Full Time
Upscale Multi-family housing Communities located in St. Paul are looking for qualified Maintenance Technicians and Painters to join a fun and friendly work environment.
- Prepares, primes, sands, seals, patches and paints all vacant units and all other buildings surfaces to a market-ready condition or as directed by Supervisor
- Performs various preventative maintenance functions and records findings in maintenance log.
- Reports directly to the Maintenance Supervisor and Community Manager
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends as needed for special projects and turnovers
- Performs on-call emergency service as required.
- Operates, cleans, and maintains all painting equipment, including brushes, rollers, sprayers, pumps, etc.
- Responsible for all paint ordering and inventory control
- Researches, purchases, and inventories equipment parts, chemicals and supplies
- May train other classified staff in area of expertise
- Assists Community Manager on special maintenance projects as necessary.
- Completes regular walk-throughs to inspect paint and maintenance jobs
- Responds to service requests and concerns in a timely manner.
- Reports concerns for maintenance and paint repairs on vacant and common areas to the Maintenance Supervisor
- Maintaining grounds and common areas and keeping them free of trash and debris.
- Monitors maintenance and up-keep of all mechanical equipment including, but not limited to, water heaters, HVAC units, etc.
- Performs to Company standards and ensures that work orders are handled in a prompt, courteous and efficient manner.
- Understands and complies with Fair Housing laws and standards.
- Ensures safe work practices.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Qualifications and Requirements
Minimum Education: High School
Minimum Experience: 2-3 years in the Multi-family housing/hospitality industry
Minimum requirements: Hands-on work experience in the areas of carpentry, painting, basic plumbing, HVAC and electrical, on-call availability is mandatory and provide own tools.
Preferred requirements: Basic knowledge on upscale market rate communities and Yardi.
How to Apply Please send Resume to Eric Linnell, Regional Maintenance Manager: email@example.com.